Blenheim State School's Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) is a committed and dedicated group of people who work throughout the school year to raise awareness about our school and raise funds which benefit all of our students. The P&C drives a variety of fundraising initiatives and more information regarding the committee and its roles and responsibilities can be found here. Upcoming fundraising initiatives are always detailed in our fortnightly newsletter and we encourage both the school community and the local community in general to participate at the P&C's monthly meetings.
The P&C Executive Committee members 2020
President: Dianne Abela
Vice President: John Vickers
Secretary: Nicole Titmarsh
Treasurer: Holly Slade
Uniform Coordinator: Meg Pearson
Cattle Sales Committee: John Vickers
The P&C meets on the second Tuesday of each month at 6.00pm in the school library. Everyone is welcome and participation is encouraged.
The role of the P&C is to support the education of children attending the school. This can be done in several ways by:
- providing opportunities to keep parents aware of new syllabi and programs
- assisting the school to purchase additional resources
- participating in school activity days such as swimming, cross country & athletics carnivals
- providing a P&C representative on a merit selection panel for staff
- participating on committees to implement or review a syllabus or policy document
- operating a clothing pool or canteen that can raise funds for the P&C or provide a service to families by offering products at a reasonable price
- sending P&C representative/s to your local District P&C meeting or the Region’s P&C Council meeting
- publicise the activities of the P&C using the local media.
The P&C runs a tuck shop for Blenheim students, usually once a term on a Wednesday at first break, offering a variety of nutritious and delicious savouries. The menu options vary depending upon time of year. Order forms are distributed to all students and order accompanied by money needs to be handed in to the school office one week prior to tuckshop day.
Blenheim green school shirts and black bucket hats with brim and drawstring can be purchased from the P&C via the school office Monday–Friday. The shirts are available in a variety of sizes and are $35 each; the hats are $10. Payments can be paid by cash or cheque to Blenheim State School P&C Association and will be receipted. At least twice a year the P&C reorders shirts and will distribute an order form to all parents. Black baseball hats with the school logo are also available for parents to purchase for themselves.
Blenheim School would like to acknowledge the ongoing work that the P&C undertakes to support our growing school, thank you.